Video 10: How To Alter A Corset Training Corset
Altering Your Own Corset Training Corset
The what to do and what not to do of altering a corset training corset! Sorry this video is a few weeks later than promised, there were some hiccups and corset issues. I only finished it Saturday night (which was also Nuka’s birthday, she now has a facebook page so if you want to see her unwrap her pressies and eat cake check it out! – https://www.facebook.com/NukaBarks).
So check the video out for before and after footage of the corset on and the whole process from my initial chalk line, drawn while wearing the corset then neatened after – to the binding of the corset edge and final fit. I can now sit on squishy stuff! I do love flomping on the sofa and it’s just not been possible in a corset too long for me.
This is my first time altering a finished/ready made corset instead of making one from scratch so excuse my figuring things out as I go.
What you’ll need if you plan to alter the edge of your own corset:
– chalk or something to draw on the new edge
– tin snips for cutting the steel bones
– new bias binding if your new edge is going to be more curvy (and therefore longer) then the original edge
– 2x Pliers & new end caps for spiral steels
– tipping fluid & metal file for flat steels
– sewing machine (optional) and needle and thread
So here is a very exclusive image of a mock-up for one of my corset illustrations, I have nothing more concrete to tell at the moment! –